Thursday, November 26, 2009

French Country Shabby Chic Bridal Shower Picnic


I customize all of my invitations to match the event.

















I had so much fun creating this French Country Shabby Chic Picnic! Yes, I LOVE theming things. I feel as though everything MUST have a theme...something to make it special and personalized. Playing off of the blue and yellow colors found in this style, I got mismatched napkins and placemats in everything from gingham to cordouroy. I then rolled the napkins in to the ornate assortment of napkin rings I had fun shopping for. These were set up on china so that the tables were set when the guests arrived. It was such a beautiful day...well not at first...The shower was to be in the MOB's (Mother of the Bride) back yard which was beautifully landscaped with gorgeous flowers. It actually POURED so badly, that we had to make the call about 30 minutes prior to the event that we would set up inside the garage. I was devestated!!!! I was holding on to hope that the sun would come back out, and it DID! Literally five minutes before guests were arriving, we rushed to set tents (thank God we had man power) and we transported the tables with the plates set on them in to the backyard. I topped each table with candelabras that I refurbished myself. What was really neat was that I found these candelabras in clearance sections of stores very inexpensively. They were marked down because they were missing crystals or they were beaten up. I purchased my own crystals and painted them to give them the shabby chic look we were going for.
For the food, we wanted to stick with picnic-type food. We did BBQ chicken, cornbread, fresh fruit, an assortment of pies. It was great!









This is what the candelabras looked like after I painted them and attached crystals. I was going for an artsy (almost cartoony) type of look with these.

No comments:

Post a Comment