Monday, February 15, 2010

It's Easy Being Green!


"Going Green" is something I've always thought about, but haven't given much thought (if that makes sense). It wasn't until I started taking note of some things Tori Spelling was doing on her reality show that I realized people really take this going green thing seriously! At first when I saw Tori obsessively turning the water on and off as she brushed her teeth, I thought she might be a little wacky. Now that I'm starting to learn about our planet, I see that Tori is someone who is helping us save it! She inspired me and now I want to inspire you!

My eyes were really opened as I was recently asked to coordinate an event for this year's 40th Anniversary of Earth Day and make the event a green one. I've been enjoying educating myself on the matter! However, when I speak to people and share some of my new knowledge, I seem to get the same response. A lot of people are intimidated by going green. A lot of people don't actually understand what it means. A lot of people don't understand that our planet actually does need saving. A lot of things are being taken for granted. It'd be awful to fast forward in to the next decade when we are really in trouble and needing to cut down on things such as water usage and tell the story to our children that "When I was your age, I used to play in the bath tub for hours" or "When I was your age, we took hot showers" or "When I was your age, we didn't have to worry about this". So, why don't we all take a load off of our future plates and start taking small steps toward bettering our environment?!

There are so many little things you can do in your daily life that will make a big difference! This is why I'd like to make it easy on you and not fill you with tons of information. Who has time to read nowadays anyway? Instead, I figure I will just share some tips that you might find to be very simple and maybe you'll get inspired too. Then maybe you'll inspire someone else. Maybe together, we CAN make a difference!

Continue to take a peak at my blog as I share away!

No comments:

Post a Comment