Thursday, May 27, 2010

Something Old AND Blue!

Originally I had in mind making a board that was nautical in pale blues and white. I've always liked this picture of a Bari Jay's bridesmaid dress (featured at the bottom right in a pale blue with the headpiece) and so that became part of my inspiration for this board. The vintage feel that it gave reminded me of the flapper-era when women wore bathing caps. So, I was able to just tie it all together. Just as the ladies of yester years are holding parasols and posing on the beach, I'm showing you a picture of today's maids with parasols that are such a cute touch for any outdoor wedding to shield the sun and avoid squinty eyes in pictures. The bride could wear a vintage style dress for this, a birdcage veil, and use vintage napkin rings and it'll fee just like you're back in the earlier part of the 1900s. Sticking with the pale blue and white, no other flower was more perfect for this than hydrangea. Something old and blue!

1 comment: