Saturday, December 15, 2012

Gone, Back, and Not Forgotten

Well, I've been away from blogging for a while now as I was taking care of my mother who had suffered 20 months of cancer and is in our hearts and memories down here, but an angel now up in heaven. I do want to eventually post a lot of information and inspiration from her/our journey that might help others as I documented it. In the meantime, I'm getting back to blogging because I have LOTS to say haha and I'll begin with a poem I wrote back during Hurricane Sandy as I lay next to her hospital bed after she underwent emergency brain surgery for the second time. 


Mom I'm so proud of you for fighting so hard and being so strong
I'm sure you prolonged your life by at least a year and a half long
We got to have TWO extra summers together down the shore
Funny how the shore is no



t there anymore
I should've known this year that something wasn't right
You were too weak to walk, but yet continued to fight
Then we got the news - your cancer spread to your brain
And without hesitation you battled head on again
The hell that you suffered and anxiety that you bound
Seemed somewhat minute just to keep you around
I prayed for miracles - many of us did
And I'm pretty sure we got them as you received more time to live
This time things are different and I know it's so
Because problems are becoming greater and it's starting to show
All along I've been praying and begging God for your life
But now I feel selfish and like I'm causing you strife
I know you don't want to leave us
and we don't wan't you to ever
But we love you too much
to watch you not get better
It's not your fault and we thank you for trying
But it's almost impossible to live
When you're actually dying
God must need you in heaven and we must keep faith alive
To know if He takes you we'll again be by your side
You're too precious for this world that to you is often cruel
An angel doesn't need to struggle at all like you do
You've taught us so much by being the most amazing mother
And you've given me all you had...you even gave me a precious brother
The amount of love that you've shared cannot be touched
You loved all with an open heart and everyone loved you back so very much
I don't have the words to thank you, but hope I've shown you with my heart
That's why I swore I'd never leave your side from the very start
This new journey we encountered, like everything else, we made it through
With lots of laughs and togetherness and we just did what we had to do
We actually made fun of cancer
We walked through it hand in hand
Probably something so outlandish
Only we could understand
It was our very special way though
And I'm grateful we had the time
It's made so many memories
that are truly one of a kind
Not sure what lies ahead now, but I think I'll soon stop playing tug of war with the lord
I thought my love could keep you here forever, but to see you this way is something you don't afford
I always knew you were extra special and not meant for this place
But I'm so grateful you've been with me this long and I'll comtinue to keep my
faith
I already know deep in my heart I must have a job that needs to be done
And when I am finished, you and I will go back to having fun
So dear God please bless my mother and do not take her yet
But when she has had enough please be sure by you she's met

And now I can finish that poem with...


God met my mom at 9:56pm on December 1st. May she finally rest in peace and be so full of happiness that she deserves more than anyone!!! I love you mom and will keep you alive in my heart with every breath I take!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment