Friday, June 27, 2014

BUMmed OUT Bridesmaids!

I'm trying to write this article with no buns…I mean "puns"…intended,  but it's difficult to  write anything butt…haha. Seriously though, I like to think I'm as out-of-the-box as possible when it comes to weddings, but  this is one trend rearing (I can't help it) it's ugly head that I am not in   agreement with.

A while back I saw what I thought was a really cute picture taken by groomsmen who were on a beach, trousers down, and their titles on their boxer briefs. After looking at the picture, I thought it could be a little degrading towards the wedding itself. At the same time though, I felt it was probably unique to the personality of those in the group and would totally make for great memories and 8x10s!

Well, as we turn the other cheek so-to-speak, we are noticing a trend in the industry of bridesmaids' booties! Maybe they've felt as though they've gotten the ass-end of the deal for too long wearing those silly gowns! haha. Okay, I'll definitely stop now with the jokes especially because I don't think this is funny. 


I hope my opinion doesn't appear sexist since I thought the guys looked "cute" in their Fruit of the Loom, and I'm all for women's lib, BUTT (there I go again) I think it is so extremely tasteless and classless for these women to be baring their underwear and rears for one of the most special days of a girl's life. Cheeky? Not even. I don't think it's funny or attractive. I think it's disgraceful. In the day of Pinterest where so many neat bridesmaid photo ideas can be shared, this is one idea that I hope doesn't spread. 

Keep it clASSy, people! 



2 comments: