Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mod About You

I'm still not sure how I feel about the printed bridesmaid gowns, however I've been finding some cute ones lately. This one in fact, so full of color, inspired me to make a very mod-like board. The gown by La Femme boasts a late 60's style in pinks, orange, teal, and white. Why not have your bridemaids make a beautiful background for you in your white gown? In this case, I continued on the mod path and chose a square neck gown with belt by Allen Schwartz for the bride. Vintage styled invitations in orange and yellow were chosen and those colors with hints of pink flowed throughout whether with the signature drink, flowers, bowtie, or favor boxes. Inside the favor boxes, some vintage candy celebrating the 60's such as Starburst is a cute touch. Have fun with the shoes. I found these pink patent leather heels that matched a pink and white patent leather bag. Aside from the bride, another focal point of the room is usually the cake, so I went above and beyond with a very mod and odd colorful cake. This is for a bride with lots of personality or maybe for a bride who grew up in the 60's who is making her debut down the aisle now!

No comments:

Post a Comment